Jump to Main Content
- Jacques, Frédéric M.B.; Shi, Gongle; Su, Tao; Zhou, Zhekun
- Review of palaeobotany and palynology 2015 v.216 pp. 76-91
- Artocarpus; Bauhinia; Boehmeria; Calophyllum; Dipterocarpaceae; Flacourtia; Macaranga; Miocene epoch; biogeography; botanical composition; flora; fossils; fruits; leaves; new species; tropical rain forests; China; South East Asia
- ... The middle Miocene Fotan flora of Zhangpu County, South Fujian, China has been considered to represent tropical rainforest based on the occurrence of distinctive winged fruit fossils of the Dipterocarpaceae. However, this paleoclimatic interpretation has been challenged. In this study, we describe new tropical and subtropical elements of this flora that co-occurred with Dipterocarpaceae based on n ...
- Li, Yiyin; Nielsen, Anne Birgitte; Zhao, Xueqin; Shan, Lingjun; Wang, Shengzhong; Wu, Jing; Zhou, Liping
- Review of palaeobotany and palynology 2015 v.216 pp. 92-100
- Betula; Fraxinus; Juglans; Larix; Pinus; Quercus; Tilia; Ulmus; forest maps; landscapes; models; mosses and liverworts; pollen; surveys; trees; vegetation cover; vegetation maps; China
- ... For model-based quantitative reconstructions of past vegetation cover on the scale of landscapes, pollen productivity estimates (PPEs) are key input parameters. In this study, we employed a random sampling strategy to collect moss polsters at 20 sites in Changbai Mountain, northeastern China. A detailed vegetation survey within 1000-m radius around each sampling point was carried out and digitized ...