Jump to Main Content
- Baranyi, Viktória; Pálfy, József; Görög, Ágnes; Riding, James B.; Raucsik, Béla
- Review of palaeobotany and palynology 2016 v.235 pp. 51-70
- hinterland, etc ; Miozoa; Toarcian age; anaerobic conditions; basins; carbon cycle; euryhaline species; freshwater; hydrologic cycle; marine ecosystems; mountains; organic matter; paleoecology; palynology; phytoplankton; runoff; salinity; surface water; Hungary; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Major palaeoenvironmental and palaeoceanographical changes occurred during the Early Jurassic Toarcian Oceanic Anoxic Event (T-OAE), due to a perturbation of the global carbon cycle and a crisis in marine ecosystems. The sequence of environmental change and regional differences during the T-OAE are not yet fully understood and organic-walled phytoplankton and other palynomorphs are well-suited, bu ...
- Lindström, Sofie; Erlström, Mikael; Piasecki, Stefan; Nielsen, Lars Henrik; Mathiesen, Anders
- Review of palaeobotany and palynology 2017 v.244 pp. 65-95
- hinterland, etc ; Cycadopsida; Hettangian age; Ostracoda; Sinemurian age; Triassic period; basins; brackish water; conifers; extinction; fauna; fish; fossils; palynology; pollen; semiarid zones; spores; terrestrial ecosystems; tree ferns; vegetation; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The pre-Rhaetian Triassic succession in the Danish Basin is generally dominated by red bed deposits unsuitable for preservation of organic material. However, during the late Middle Triassic a temporary change to wetter conditions resulted in preservation of diverse palynofloral assemblages, dominated by corystospermous seed fern pollen of Alisporites/Falcisporites and characterized by high abundan ...