Jump to Main Content
- Žemaitis, Povilas; Stakenas, Vidas
- Russian journal of ecology 2016 v.47 no.4 pp. 355-363
- Picea abies; clearcutting; climate; coasts; forests; humidity; natural regeneration; stand density; stand structure; stumps; trees; Lithuania
- ... We assess the influence of edaphic, climatic, stand structure and individual tree (stump diameter) factors on incidence of Norway spruce (Picea abies (L.) H. Karst.) butt rot. The data used in the study come from 97 stands, originated from natural regeneration, which were clear-cut. The age of the stands varied between 71 and 130 years old. The climate continentality, site fertility, hydrotop (sit ...
- Solov’eva, M. A.; Glazov, D. M.; Kuznetsova, D. M.; Rozhnov, V. V.
- Russian journal of ecology 2016 v.47 no.4 pp. 405-411
- Phoca largha; Pusa hispida; coasts; satellites; seals; Okhotsk Sea; Russia; Sea of Japan
- ... For the first time, satellite tagging of spotted seals (Phoca largha) has been performed in three regions of the Sea of Okhotsk: Chkalov Island in Sakhalin Bay, Ptichy Island, and the Bolshaya River mouth on the western coast of Kamchatka. As a result, regions inhabited by the seals in different periods of their life cycle and differences in the pattern of water area use by animals from different ...