Jump to Main Content
- Artemkina, N. A.; Orlova, M. A.; Lukina, N. V.
- Russian journal of ecology 2016 v.47 no.4 pp. 321-328
- Betula; Juniperus; Picea; aluminum; calcium; cellulose; chemical composition; ecotones; flavonoids; forests; iron; lignin; lipids; magnesium; manganese; mountains; nitrogen; phosphorus; potassium; proanthocyanidins; soil; zinc
- ... The needles of juniper growing in spruce and birch forests of the Khibiny Mountains have been analyzed to evaluate the pattern of changes in their chemical composition (ADF, lignin, cellulose, lignin/cellulose, lipids, phenolic compounds, proanthocyanidins, flavonoids, N, C, and also Ca, Mg, K, Mn, Zn, P, S, Al, and Fe). It has been shown that the concentrations of lignin, lipids, phenolic compoun ...
- Emets, V. M.
- Russian journal of ecology 2016 v.47 no.4 pp. 371-375
- Formicidae; case studies; conservation areas; ecotones; forests; meadows; rights of way; species diversity
- ... The role of ecotones with different (sharp or smooth) spatial boundaries between forest and meadow in ant biodiversity preservation was studied at the right-of-way of a power line in the Voronezh Reserve. The ecotone with a sharp boundary between forest and meadow (transitional zone 2 m wide) had higher species richness of ants compared to the ecotones (also 2 m wide) with smooth boundary between ...