Jump to Main Content
- Belkin, V. V.; Panchenko, D. V.; Tirronen, K. F.; Yakimova, A. E.; Fedorov, F. V.
- Russian journal of ecology 2015 v.46 no.5 pp. 463-469
- Scandinavia, etc ; Chiroptera; hibernation; mammals; mortality; species diversity; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Data of field observations on bats hibernating in the Republic of Karelia (61°–63° N, 30°–36° E) are presented. Various bat winter roosts have been surveyed to reveal the species composition of the animals, the pattern of their spatial arrangement, mortality, and specific regional features and general trends of their hibernation. The results provide a more integrated feature of ecological adaptati ...
- Ivanter, E. V.; Kurhinen, J. P.
- Russian journal of ecology 2015 v.46 no.3 pp. 252-259
- Scandinavia, etc ; Sorex; anthropogenic activities; coniferous forests; conifers; felling; habitats; insectivores; landscapes; population density; shrews; taiga; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Responses of small insectivores (Sorex L.) to clear felling and formation of an anthropogenic landscape have been studied and found to be ambiguous. Under such conditions, the total population density of the common shrew (S. araneus) increases, but its populations become unstable and sharply fluctuate seasonally and from year to year. The abundance of the Laxmann’s shrew (S. caecutiens) in transfo ...