Jump to Main Content
- Solovchenko, A. E., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Russian journal of plant physiology 2008 v.55 no.6 pp. 719-737
- absorption; amino acids; anthocyanins; autotrophs; betalains; carotenoids; chemical structure; energy; evolution; flavonols; lighting; phenolic acids; photoinhibition; plant damage; reactive oxygen species; screening; solar radiation; spectral analysis; ultraviolet radiation
- ... Prolonged exposure of plants to high fluxes of solar radiation as well as to other environmental stressors disturbs the balance between absorbed light energy and capacity of its photochemical utilization resulting in photoinhibition of and eventually in damage to plants. Under such circumstances, the limiting of the light absorption by the photosynthetic apparatus efficiently augments the general ...
- Solovchenko, A. E., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Russian journal of plant physiology 2008 v.55 no.3 pp. 420-425
- Anabaena variabilis; Chlorogloeopsis fritschii; Cyanidium; Dunaliella salina; Porphyridium cruentum; Thalassiosira; absorption; cell suspension culture; microalgae; optical properties; sodium chloride
- ... Absorption spectra of cyanobacteria (Anacystis nidulans, Anabaena variabilis, and Chlorogloeopsis fritschii), red (Cyanidium caldarum and Porphyridium cruentum), green (Dunaliella maritima and Dunaliella salina) and diatom (Thalassiosira weisflogii) alga cell suspensions are presented; the spectra were obtained by using an approach developed earlier to compensate for scattering [1, 2]. In all spec ...