Jump to Main Content
- Patrick G. Stephenson; Nicole Harris; Joan E. Cottrell; Steven G. Ralph; Jöerg Bohlmann; Gail Taylor
- Scandinavian journal of forest research 2011 v.26 no.sup11 pp. 82-96
- Picea sitchensis; breeding; cambium; cell walls; gene expression regulation; genes; microarray technology; plant pathogens; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; transcription (genetics); transcriptome; transcriptomics; trees; wood; wood density; xylem
- ... The demand for trees for industrial application is growing steadily and not expected to plateau for at least two decades; consequently, the supply of wood must increase to meet this need. One method for increasing yield without compromising land requirements is to modify wood density. The current study uses a transcriptomic approach to identify the genes associated with wood density that are likel ...
- Hannrup, B.; Cahalan, C.; Chantre, G.; Grabner, M.; Karlsson, B.; Le Bayon, I.; Lloyd Jones, G.; Muller, U.; Pereira, H.
- Scandinavian journal of forest research 2004 v.19 no.1 pp. 14-29
- wood quality; heritability; tracheids; wood density; cell walls; earlywood; microfilaments; Picea abies; forest trees; diameter; pulp fiber; forest yields; latewood; resin canals; genotype-environment interaction; lignin; tree growth; growth traits; color; genetic variation; wood defects; grain and figure; Sweden