Jump to Main Content
- Mulugu, Sashidhar; Bai, Wenli; Fridy, Peter C.; Bastidas, Robert J.; Otto, James C.; Dollins, D. Eric; Haystead, Timothy A.; Ribeiro, Anthony A.; York, John D.
- Science 2007 v.316 no.5821 pp. 106-109
- cell growth; enzymes; inositols; metabolism; proteins; pyrophosphates; yeasts
- ... Inositol pyrophosphates are a diverse group of high-energy signaling molecules whose cellular roles remain an active area of study. We report a previously uncharacterized class of inositol pyrophosphate synthase and find it is identical to yeast Vip1 and Asp1 proteins, regulators of actin-related protein-2/3 (ARP 2/3) complexes. Vip1 and Asp1 acted as enzymes that encode inositol hexakisphosphate ...
- Lee, Young-Sam; Mulugu, Sashidhar; York, John D.; O'Shea, Erin K.
- Science 2007 v.316 no.5821 pp. 109-112
- gene expression; homeostasis; inositols; metabolites; mutants; pyrophosphates; starvation; yeasts
- ... In budding yeast, phosphate starvation triggers inhibition of the Pho80-Pho85 cyclin-cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) complex by the CDK inhibitor Pho81, leading to expression of genes involved in nutrient homeostasis. We isolated myo-D-inositol heptakisphosphate (IP₇) as a cellular component that stimulates Pho81-dependent inhibition of Pho80-Pho85. IP₇ is necessary for Pho81-dependent inhibition of ...
- PubMed Central: