Jump to Main Content
- Alonso, Maria C.; Drummond, Douglas R.; Kain, Susan; Hoeng, Julia; Amos, Linda; Cross, Robert A.
- Science 2007 v.316 no.5821 pp. 120-123
- adenosine diphosphate; adenosine triphosphate; binding sites; microtubules; models; tubulin
- ... Kinesin-1 is a two-headed molecular motor that walks along microtubules, with each step gated by adenosine triphosphate (ATP) binding. Existing models for the gating mechanism propose a role for the microtubule lattice. We show that unpolymerized tubulin binds to kinesin-1, causing tubulin-activated release of adenosine diphosphate (ADP). With no added nucleotide, each kinesin-1 dimer binds one tu ...
- PubMed Central:
- Price, A.S.; Savchenko, A.K.; Narozhny, B.N.; Allison, G.; Ritchie, D.A.
- Science 2007 v.316 no.5821 pp. 99-102
- electrons; magnetic fields; models; temperature
- ... The Coulomb drag in a system of two parallel layers is the result of electron-electron interaction between the layers. We have observed reproducible fluctuations of the drag, both as a function of magnetic field and electron concentration, which are a manifestation of quantum interference of electrons in the layers. At low temperatures the fluctuations exceed the average drag, giving rise to rando ...