Jump to Main Content
- Turelli, Priscilla; Trono, Didier
- Science 2005 v.307 no.5712 pp. 1061-1065
- adaptive immunity; antibodies; enzymes; lipid metabolism; mammals; mitochondrial RNA; nucleotide sequences; pathogens; virus replication
- ... Genetic information can be altered through the enzymatic modification of nucleotide sequences. This process, known as editing, was originally identified in the mitochondrial RNA of trypanosomes and later found to condition events as diverse as neurotransmission and lipid metabolism in mammals. Recent evidence reveals that editing enzymes may fulfill one of their most essential roles in the defense ...
- Malsam, Jörg; Satoh, Ayano; Pelletier, Laurence; Warren, Graham
- Science 2005 v.307 no.5712 pp. 1095-1098
- Golgi apparatus; coat proteins; endoplasmic reticulum; enzymes; receptors
- ... Coiled-coil proteins of the golgin family have been implicated in intra-Golgi transport through tethering coat protein complex I (COPI) vesicles. The p115-golgin tether is the best studied, and here we characterize the golgin-84-CASP tether. The vesicles bound by this tether were strikingly different from those bound by the p115-golgin tether in that they lacked members of the p24 family of putati ...