Jump to Main Content
- Graham, Laurie A.; Davies, Peter L.
- Science 2005 v.310 no.5747 pp. 461
- Hypogastrura; insect proteins; cold tolerance; amino acid sequences
- ... We purified antifreeze proteins from winter-active snow fleas, Hypogastrura harveyi. These 6.5- and 15.7-kilodalton thermolabile proteins are glycine-rich (45% of the residues), and the short isoform is composed of the tripeptide repeat Gly-X-X. This makes them very different from other antifreeze proteins, including two from insects, suggesting independent adaptation to freezing environments. ...
- Crawford, P. C.; Dubovi, Edward J.; Castleman, William L.; Stephenson, Iain; Gibbs, E. P. J.; Chen, Limei; Smith, Catherine; Hill, Richard C.; Ferro, Pamela; Pompey, Justine; Bright, Rick A.; Medina, Marie-Jo; Johnson, Calvin M.; Olsen, Christopher W.; Cox, Nancy J.; Klimov, Alexander I.; Katz, Jacqueline M.; Donis, Ruben O.
- Science 2005 v.310 no.5747 pp. 482-485
- dogs; Greyhound; disease transmission; Orthomyxoviridae; vertebrate viruses; viral diseases of animals and humans; dog diseases; respiratory tract diseases; immunohistochemistry; hemagglutinins; amino acid sequences; phylogeny; antibody formation
- ... Molecular and antigenic analyses of three influenza viruses isolated from outbreaks of severe respiratory disease in racing greyhounds revealed that they are closely related to H3N8 equine influenza virus. Phylogenetic analysis indicated that the canine influenza virus genomes form a monophyletic group, consistent with a single interspecies virus transfer. Molecular changes in the hemagglutinin su ...