Jump to Main Content
- Nukaya, Tsunaki; Sudo, Miki; Yahata, Masaki; Nakajo, Yoshiyuki; Ohta, Tomohiro; Yasuda, Kiichi; Tominaga, Akiyoshi; Mukai, Hiroo; Kunitake, Hisato
- Scientia horticulturae 2019 v.245 pp. 210-217
- Citrus; Fortunella crassifolia; Fortunella japonica; autotetraploidy; breeding; colchicine; cultivars; diploidy; flowers; horticulture; kumquats; leaf morphology; leaves; pericarp; pollen; seeds; staining; total soluble solids; triploidy
- ... Three Fortunella (kumquat) species, the Meiwa kumquat (F. crassifolia Swingle), the Round kumquat [F. japonica (Thunb.) Swingle] and the Changshou kumquat (F. obovata hort. ex Tanaka), showing tetraploid, which had been induced by treating the seeds with colchicine, were examined for origin and horticultural characteristics (e. g. morphology of leaves, flowers, pollen and fruits). Additionally, th ...
- Barreales, David; Malheiro, Ricardo; Pereira, José Alberto; Verdial, João; Bento, Albino; Casquero, Pedro Antonio; Ribeiro, António Castro
- Scientia horticulturae 2019 v.245 pp. 74-81
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Vitis vinifera; antioxidant activity; byproducts; coumaric acids; cultivars; deficit irrigation; evapotranspiration; flavonols; food industry; grapes; irrigation rates; juices; leaves; median effective concentration; phenology; raisins; seeds; vineyards; wines; wood; Portugal
- ... The cultivation of grapevines (Vitis vinifera L.) has extended worldwide, with great economic importance. From this crop, we can obtain grapes for fresh consumption, raisins, juices, wine, and other derived products. The cultivation of grapevines also generates some byproducts, such as seeds, skins, wood and leaves. The leaves can be removed from the plant, as is common agricultural practice, to i ...