Jump to Main Content
- Parra-Palma, Carolina; Úbeda, Cristina; Gil, Mariona; Ramos, Patricio; Castro, Ricardo I.; Morales-Quintana, Luis
- Scientia horticulturae 2019 v.251 pp. 65-72
- Fragaria ananassa; acyltransferases; cultivars; enzyme activity; esters; fruit quality; fruits; gene expression; genes; messenger RNA; odors; plant breeding; strawberries; volatile organic compounds
- ... Strawberry is one of the most popular fruits in the world because of its good organoleptic characteristics, as its aroma is a complex characteristic that significantly contributes to fruit quality. In the present work, we performed a comparative study of the differences in the volatile organic compounds (VOCs) contents and the enzymatic activity and gene expression of alcohol acyltransferases (AAT ...
- Jiang, Aili; Zuo, Jinhua; Zheng, Qiuli; Guo, Lei; Gao, Lipu; Zhao, Shugang; Wang, Qing; Hu, Wenzhong
- Scientia horticulturae 2019 v.251 pp. 73-79
- Brassica oleracea var. italica; ambient temperature; antioxidants; ascorbate peroxidase; broccoli; catalase; chlorophyll; chlorophyllase; enzyme activity; gene expression; genes; irradiation; light emitting diodes; malondialdehyde; peroxidase; sensory properties; shelf life; storage temperature; tissues; weight loss
- ... The quality of broccoli stored at ambient temperatures deteriorates rapidly as tissues begin to senesce. The effect of red light-emitting-diode (LED) light irradiation (50 μmol m−2 s−1) on the quality of harvested broccoli stored at 20 °C for 5 d was investigated. Sensory quality and physiological function, including the activity of antioxidant enzymes and the expression of genes associated with c ...