Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: males?
- Lv, Yuanda; Zhang, Meiling; Wu, Ting; Wu, Tianli; Zhong, Yun
- Scientia horticulturae 2019 v.256 pp. 108597
- Malus domestica, etc ; Agrobacterium; anthocyanins; apples; beta-glucuronidase; biosynthesis; cultivars; fruit trees; fruits; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; juveniles; rapid methods; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Studies of gene function in apple fruits (Malus domestica) have been hindered by the long juvenile period of apple fruit trees. Transient gene expression is a relatively simple method for gene functional analyses, and has been broadly applied to several plant species; however, few studies have reported a method for systematic transient expression in apple fruits. Here, we developed a highly effici ...
- Dar, Jahangir A.; Wani, Aijaz A.; Ahmed, Maroof; Nazir, Rameez; Zargar, Sajad M.; Javaid, Kousar
- Scientia horticulturae 2019 v.244 pp. 50-60
- Malus domestica, etc ; anthocyanins; apple peels; apples; biosynthesis; carotenoids; chlorophyll; color; cultivars; cyanidin; dominant genes; ethephon; ethylene; fruit quality; fruits; inheritance (genetics); light intensity; major genes; mutation; nutrition; photoreceptors; pigmentation; temperature; trade; transcription (genetics); ultraviolet radiation; urea; world markets; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Apple is one of the most important and popular fruits in the world. Among the various fruit quality traits, skin color is the preferred one which determines a cultivar’s market acceptance. Fruit color in apple is dogged primarily by the ground color of the skin and secondarily by the imposed anthocyanin pigmentation, if present. The prime anthocyanin pigment in apple is Cyanidin 3- galactoside com ...