Jump to Main Content
- Lama, Kumar; Modi, Arpan; Peer, Reut; Izhaki, Yacov; Flaishman, Moshe A.
- Scientia horticulturae 2019 v.253 pp. 405-411
- harvesting, etc ; Ficus carica; abscisic acid; acidity; adverse effects; autumn; climatic factors; cultivars; ethephon; ethylene; figs; firmness; fruits; growers; oils; ripening; storage quality; summer; supply balance; total soluble solids; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Fresh fig ripening is controlled by abscisic acid (ABA) and ethylene. Uniform fig maturation is stimulated with oil or spray application of ethephon. Fig ripening is asynchronous—a single fruit ripens per shoot at a time—making it a challenge to increase the number of harvested fruit and minimize harvesting costs for growers. Here, we sprayed various concentrations of exogenous ABA on clusters wit ...
- Centeno, Ana; Hueso, Antonio; Gómez-del-Campo, María
- Scientia horticulturae 2019 v.257 pp. 108657
- mechanical harvesting, etc ; Pseudomonas syringae pv. savastanoi; alternate bearing; cold; cold zones; crop production; cultivars; fruits; lipid content; new variety; oils; olives; orchards; planting; tree height; trees; vegetative growth; weather; Spain; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Hedgerow olive orchards are being established in all olive-producing countries. Little information is available, however, concerning adaptation of olive cultivars to cold conditions. For this reason, nine olive cultivars were trained in hedgerows and evaluated during nine years in the cold area of central Spain (Toledo). Three of them (‘Arbequina’, ‘Arbosana’ and ‘Koroneiki’) are the most widely c ...