Jump to Main Content
- Reeve, J.R.; Culumber, C.M.; Black, B.L.; Tebeau, A.; Ransom, C.V.; Alston, D.; Rowley, M.; Lindstrom, T.
- Scientia horticulturae 2017 v.214 pp. 242-251
- fruit trees, etc ; Lotus corniculatus; Prunus persica; climate; composts; farms; feather meal; herbicides; leaves; live mulches; mineral fertilizers; nitrogen; orchards; organic foods; organic production; paper; peaches; phosphorus; potassium; straw mulches; summer; tree growth; urea; weed control; winter; Intermountain West region; Utah; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Adequate weed control and nutrient supply are critical for successful establishment of fruit trees. This is of particular concern in organic orchard establishment. In order to determine the best approach for establishing peach trees (Prunus persica L.) organically in climates characterized by hot dry summers and cold winters such as the North American Intermountain West, seven organic and three in ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Novara, Cristina; Ascari, Lorenzo; La Morgia, Valentina; Reale, Luisella; Genre, Andrea; Siniscalco, Consolata
- Scientia horticulturae 2017 v.214 pp. 295-303
- fruit trees, etc ; 2,3,5-triphenyltetrazolium chloride; Corylus avellana; climate; cross pollination; cultivars; cultivation area; female flowers; flowering; fluorescein diacetate; harvesting; males; nuts; pollen; pollen germination; propidium; storage; temperature; viability; winter; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... European hazel is one of the most important fruit tree crop in the world and since the demand of nuts is growing, the cultivation area of this species has extended outside its native range. Many hazel cultivars are self-incompatible and the flowering period of male and female flowers in different cultivars only partially overlaps, so hazel requires genetically compatible pollinizer cultivars in or ...