Jump to Main Content
- Xie, Kai-Dong, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2019 v.252 pp. 104-109
- Citrus; allotetraploidy; cultivars; diploidy; flow cytometry; fruits; germination; hybrids; markets; ovule culture; parents; plantlets; pollen; raw fruit; rooting; roots; seedless varieties; seeds; shoots; single nucleotide polymorphism; somatic hybridization; tangerines; tetraploidy; triploidy
- ... Seedlessness is a primary breeding objective for citrus fresh fruit market, and triploids have been proven to have great value to produce seedless fruits. In this study, aiming to produce triploid plants for developing some seedless cultivars, four 2x × 4x interploid crosses were conducted using three elite but seedy cultivars as seed parents and one newly flowered doubled diploid and two allotetr ...
- Xie, Kai-Dong, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2016 v.207 pp. 233-239
- Citrus maxima; Poncirus trifoliata; breeding; cross pollination; embryo culture; flow cytometry; fruit trees; fruits; genomics; gynogenesis; haploidy; homozygosity; microsatellite repeats; oranges; parthenogenesis; plantlets; pollen; pollen tubes; pummelos; seeds; triploidy
- ... Homozygous genotypes have great potential in breeding and genomic researches in higher plants. Induction of parthenogenesis via pollination with gamma-irradiated pollens is an efficient method to obtain haploid plants that can overcome the biological limitations of fruit trees. In this study, we investigated the induction of haploid plants in ‘Hirado Buntan’ pummlo (Citrus grandis) through in-situ ...