Jump to Main Content
- Bibi, Mehwish; Wagreich, Michael; Iqbal, Shahid; Jan, Irfan U.
- Sedimentary geology 2019 v.389 pp. 26-41
- hinterland, etc ; Pliocene epoch; basins; carbonates; detritus; loess deposition; metamorphic rocks; mountains; rivers; sediments; weathering; Himalayan region; Indus River; Pakistan; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Sedimentary archives within the Peshawar Basin in northwest Pakistan preserve a record of siliciclastic supply patterns during the Plio-Pleistocene epoch. The basin fill consists of fluvial-floodplain clays overlain by thick lacustrine-glaciofluvial rhythmites with deposits of multiple alluvial fans in the southern parts of the basin and topped by loess deposits in ideal vertical successions. Fram ...
- Hillier, Robert D.; Marriott, Susan B.; Higgs, Ken T.; Howells, Sid
- Sedimentary geology 2019 v.387 pp. 126-151
- hinterland, etc ; Ludlow epoch; alluvial plains; alluvium; arid lands; basins; bedrock; cliffs; coastal plains; colluvium; drainage; estuaries; freshwater; mass movement; mudstone; piedmont; provenance; sandstone; sediment transport; shorelines; stream flow; streams; watersheds; Wales; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Ludlow to Přídolí age Old Red Sandstone alluvial to marginal marine deposits of the Anglo-Welsh Basin record a punctuated molasse shed from an inverted, transient catchment area. An erosional low-gradient sequence-bounding pediment surface was created basinward of a structurally controlled, transpressive piedmont junction. A thin mantle of debris flow dominated colluvium comprising the Abercyfor F ...