Jump to Main Content
- Playton, Ted E.; Kerans, Charles
- Sedimentary geology 2018 v.370 pp. 15-41
- Guadalupian epoch; backfilling; data collection; factories; lidar; mechanics; mountains; reefs; sea level; sediments; topography; Texas
- ... Steep, debris-rich, progradational carbonate slope systems have been well-documented around the world in a variety of settings and time periods. While the association of such slopes with deep microbial boundstone upper slope factories, the planar nature of their clinoform profiles, and their toe-of-slope trajectory patterns have been discussed thoroughly, the internal architecture and genesis of c ...
- Varga, György; Kovács, János; Szalai, Zoltán; Cserháti, Csaba; Újvári, Gábor
- Sedimentary geology 2018 v.370 pp. 1-14
- dust; image analysis; loess; microscopy; paleosolic soil types; uncertainty
- ... An automated image analysis method is proposed here to study the size and shape of siliciclastic sedimentary particles of paleosols of Central European loess sequences. Several direct and indirect measurement techniques are available for grain size measurements of sedimentary mineral particles. Indirect techniques involve the use of some kind of physical laws, however, all requirements for calcula ...