Jump to Main Content
- Purkait, Barendra; Majumdar, Dipanjan Das
- Sedimentary geology 2014 v.308 pp. 53-62
- sand, etc ; alluvial plains; beaches; discriminant analysis; dunes; energy; models; paleoecology; rivers; India; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... An attempt has been made to differentiate sedimentary facies in a modern deltaic system by means of grain-size characteristics of the Ganga alluvial plain of West Bengal, India. Three main energy environments (marine, mixed and riverine) comprising the delta were considered. Sand samples were collected from rivers (both tidal and non-tidal), coastal dunes, beaches and tidal flats of the deltaic pl ...
- Sinha, Rajiv; Ahmad, Jawed; Gaurav, Kumar; Morin, Guillaume
- Sedimentary geology 2014 v.301 pp. 133-149
- sand, etc ; Quaternary period; basins; clay; electrical resistance; gravel; hinterland; migratory behavior; models; rivers; sediment transport; silt; stratigraphy; trapping; Himalayan region; India; Nepal; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The Kosi and the Gandak are two major Himalayan tributaries of the Ganga River in the north Bihar plains India. With a large hinterland in the Nepal Himalaya, both these rivers have generated megafans in the plains over the Quaternary time scale. Both these rivers are known to be highly dynamic and sediment-charged. A few conceptual models and limited field data suggested that these megafans have ...