Jump to Main Content
- Lesemann, Jérôme-Etienne; Piotrowski, Jan A.; Wysota, Wojciech
- Sedimentary geology 2014 v.312 pp. 1-18
- sand, etc ; glaciers; gravel; ice; landscapes; melting; models; plateaus; snowmelt; surveys; tomography; valleys; Poland; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Dobrzyń Plateau in central Poland contains a suite of enigmatic glacial bedforms termed ‘glacial curvilineations’ (GCL). These landforms occur within tunnel valleys forming a complex anabranched network. GCL consist of a series of parallel ridges extending for as much as 5km. Over their length, GCL ridges are parallel to neighboring ridges and to tunnel valley margins. Internal GCL composition con ...
- Frank, Tracy D.; James, Noel P.; Bone, Yvonne; Malcolm, Isabelle; Bobak, Lindsey E.
- Sedimentary geology 2014 v.305 pp. 1-16
- sand, etc ; Bryozoa; Cirripedia; Holocene epoch; benthic organisms; carbonates; climate; continental shelf; factories; fossils; global change; gravel; ice; models; oceanography; quaternary deposits; radiocarbon dating; sea level; Antarctica; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Carbonate sediments on polar shelves hold great potential for improving understanding of climate and oceanography in regions of the globe that are particularly sensitive to global change. Such deposits have, however, not received much attention from sedimentologists and thus remain poorly understood. This study investigates the distribution, composition, diagenesis, and stratigraphic context of La ...