Jump to Main Content
- Cervantes, I.; Pérez-Cabal, M.A.; Morante, R.; Burgos, A.; Salgado, C.; Nieto, B.; Goyache, F.; Gutiérrez, J.P.
- Small ruminant research 2010 v.88 no.1 pp. 6-11
- alpacas, etc ; animal breeding; heritability; sustainable agriculture; fleece; wool production; livestock production; traditional farming; genotype; diameter; body regions; wool; quantitative traits; breed differences; volume; genetic correlation; indigenous species; selection criteria; Andes region; Peru; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Four fibre traits (fibre diameter, FD; coefficient of variation of FD, comfort factor; and standard deviation of FD) were jointly analysed with six subjectively scored type traits (fleece density, crimp, lock structure, head, coverage, and balance) in two breeds of Peruvian Altiplano alpaca (Suri, SU; and Huacayo, HU) to ascertain their genetic relationship. A total of 2405 fibre records and 2194 ...
- Pinares, Rubén; Gutiérrez, Gustavo Augusto; Cruz, Alan; Morante, Renzo; Cervantes, Isabel; Burgos, Alonso; Gutiérrez, Juan Pablo
- Small ruminant research 2018 v.165 pp. 93-100
- alpacas, etc ; demonstration farms; genetic correlation; heritability; males; pedigree; statistical models; Peru; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... The aim of this research was to estimate for the first time the heritability and genetic relationship between medullation and fiber diameter in each fiber by itself. A total of 21,600 fibers from 36 samples from white fleeces, 600 fibers each sample, from males between 0.4 and 10.4 years old from Pacomarca experimental farm (Inca Group, Puno, Peru) were tested using projection microscope (PM). The ...