Jump to Main Content
- Hayat, Waseem; Ahmad, Shakeel; Hussain, Imtyaz; Zhang, Yongqing; Fazal, Saima; Khan, Salman
- Small-scale forestry 2019 v.18 no.2 pp. 235-253
- community forestry; deforestation; forest reserves; forests; fuelwood; human population; logging; mountains; national parks; population pressure; sawlogs; socioeconomic status; surveys; woody plants; Pakistan
- ... Galliyat—the mountainous region in district Abbottabad of Hazara division in Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province—is rich in natural vegetation. On the basis of elevation above sea level, Galliyat is categorized into Upper and Lower subdivisions. Like other regions in northern Pakistan, the forests of Galliyat are intensively utilized for the collection of fuelwood and harvesting of timber. Howe ...
- Picchio, Rodolfo; Tavankar, Farzam; Bonyad, Amireslam; Mederski, Piotr S.; Venanzi, Rachele; Nikooy, Mehrdad
- Small-scale forestry 2019 v.18 no.2 pp. 255-277
- Fagus; landscapes; logging; natural regeneration; nonindustrial private forests; stand density; topographic slope; tractors; tree and stand measurements; trees; Iran; Italy
- ... Damage to the remaining stand on steep terrain can be quite severe and is usually difficult to control during winching. Timber skidding, especially by agricultural tractor, is a common solution in small-scale forestry. One of the factors influencing remaining stand damage is winching on steep terrain, although, to date, this has only been studied in general. Limiting stand damage is possible when ...