Jump to Main Content
- Song, Meiying; Yin, Pinghe; Zhao, Ling; Jiao, Zepeng; Duan, Shunshan; Lu, Gang
- Soil & sediment contamination 2016 v.25 no.2 pp. 101-116
- aluminum; atomic absorption spectrometry; cadmium; chromium; estuaries; freshwater; heavy metals; iron; lead; mass spectrometry; particle size; pollution; risk assessment; rivers; sediments; China
- ... Sediment cores collected at six freshwater discharge outlets of the Pearl River Estuary were analyzed for metal (Al, Fe, Cr, Pb, and Cd) concentration and risk assessment. The contents of Cr, Pb, Fe, and Al in these samples were measured by Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometry (ICP-OES), and Cd was measured by Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS). The result sh ...
- Gul, Shazia; Naz, Alia; Khan, Abdullah; Nisa, Sobia; Irshad, Muhammad
- Soil & sediment contamination 2016 v.25 no.2 pp. 181-194
- animal manures; bioavailability; cadmium; chromium; composted manure; composting; copper; corn; heavy metals; lead; nickel; polluted soils; pollution; root growth; roots; shoots; zinc
- ... A study was carried out with maize as the test crop to investigate the bioavailability and leachability of heavy metals (HM) from HM-contaminated soils treated with composted manure. The application of composted manure increased the maize shoot growth by 32.3% and root growth by 30.5% compared with fresh manure. The concentration of HM in maize shoot varied in the order lead (Pb) > nickel (Ni) > z ...