Jump to Main Content
- Qin, Wei; Guo, Qiankun; Cao, Wenhong; Yin, Zhe; Yan, Qinghong; Shan, Zhijie; Zheng, Fenli
- Soil & tillage research 2018 v.182 pp. 10-24
- Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation; Universal Soil Loss Equation; agricultural land; forest land; grasslands; land use; risk; runoff; sediment yield; sediments; soil erosion; soil treatment; topography; vegetation cover; watersheds; China
- ... The Universal Soil Loss Equation and Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation have been widely used in watershed scale soil erosion assessments. However, the influences of the coupled effects of upslope topography and vegetation cover on flow accumulation and the downslope soil erosion are not fully considered in the current methods. In this study, a new calculating method for slope length factor (L), ...
- Akhtar, Kashif; Wang, Weiyu; Ren, Guangxin; Khan, Ahmad; Feng, Yongzhong; Yang, Gaihe
- Soil & tillage research 2018 v.182 pp. 94-102
- beta-fructofuranosidase; biomass production; catalase; corn; grain yield; mulching; nitrogen; phosphorus; semiarid zones; soil biological properties; soil depth; soil enzymes; soil organic carbon; soil sampling; soil water; soil water content; straw mulches; sustainable agriculture; total nitrogen; total phosphorus; urease; water use efficiency; wheat straw; China
- ... Addition of organic material, such as crop straw mulch in most soils is considered a strategy for sustainable agricultural production. We conducted a two-year experiment in 2015 and 2016 to determine changes in soil biochemical properties and maize yield in response to treatment with wheat-straw mulch. The treatments consisted of the addition of different levels of wheat-straw mulch (S1: 0, S2: 25 ...