Jump to Main Content
- Liu, HaiTao, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Soil & tillage research 2018 v.177 pp. 12-18
- Amorpha fruticosa; Chrysopogon zizanioides; Medicago sativa; alfalfa; canopy; corn; cropland; environmental quality; grain yield; grasses; nutrients; organic matter; runoff; soil depth; soil erosion; soil fertility; soil productivity; soil water; solar radiation; terraces; water conservation; China
- ... Grass hedges planted along the contour of slope cropland can greatly reduce water and soil loss, but the effect of long-term grass hedge cultivation on soil productivity is unclear. The objective of this study was to evaluate the temporal and spatial characteristics of soil thickness, soil fertility and grain yield on the slope croplands with long-term grass hedge cultivation. Four grass hedges, v ...
- Liu, Haitao, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Soil & tillage research 2016 v.156 pp. 140-147
- adverse effects; application rate; bulk density; carbon sequestration; cattle manure; composts; earthworms; food availability; land productivity; mineral fertilizers; nitrogen content; organic matter; physicochemical properties; soil density; topsoil; water content; China
- ... Cattle manure compost (CMC) combined with chemical fertilizer (CF) was applied to a wheat–maize rotation field, in Eastern China, to assess soil physical and chemical properties, biological activity and land productivity. Indicators of organic matter, carbon storage and sequestration, bulk density, water content, total N content and earthworm population from topsoil (0–20cm) were quantified. This ...