Jump to Main Content
- Fabrizzi, Karina P.; Morón, Alejandro; García, Fernando O.
- Soil Science Society of America journal 2003 v.67 no.6 pp. 1831-1841
- Mollisols, etc ; carbon; conventional tillage; fertilizer rates; minimum tillage; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; no-tillage; organic matter; soil depth; soil organic matter; soil quality; Argentina; Pampas region; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The use of no-tillage has notably increased in the Pampas region of Argentina during the last 10 yr. Two tillage experiments with contrasting previous agricultural use, degraded and non-degraded soils, were evaluated in the southeast of Buenos Aires province, Argentina. The objectives were to: (i) quantify the effects of tillage and N fertilization on quantity and vertical distribution of C and N ...
- Nissen, Todd M.; Wander, Michelle M.
- Soil Science Society of America journal 2003 v.67 no.5 pp. 1524-1532
- Mollisols, etc ; Glycine max; Zea mays; biomass; corn; cropping systems; farms; fertilizer rates; greenhouse experimentation; leaching; macropore flow; nitrogen fertilizers; no-tillage; organic matter; soil quality; urea; Illinois; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... We tested the hypothesis that particulate organic matter (POM) and aggregate dry mean weight diameter (DMWD) are related to fertilizer-use efficiency (FUE) and leaching susceptibility. Soil cores (15 cm diam. by 50 cm depth) were collected from 12 farm fields representing three cropping systems: conventional (CT) and no-tillage (NT) management of corn (L.)–soybean [ (L.) Merr.] rotations, and CT a ...