Jump to Main Content
- Fritton, D. D.; Ratvasky, T. T.; Petersen, G. W.
- Soil Science Society of America journal 1986 v.50 no.2 pp. 273-276
- alluvium; colluvium; equations; limestone; regression analysis; sandstone; saturated hydraulic conductivity; shale; soil water; water flow; Pennsylvania
- ... Percolation times and saturated hydraulic conductivity rates from 28 test holes were used with data from the literature to relate saturated hydraulic conductivity, K, to percolation time, P. Sites were chosen to represent seven central and western Pennsylvania soils developed in shale and sandstone colluvium, alluvium, glacial outwash, or residual limestone parent materials. Saturated hydraulic co ...
- Walker, P. H.; Chittleborough, D. J.
- Soil Science Society of America journal 1986 v.50 no.2 pp. 394-400
- A horizons; Alfisols; B horizons; Fluvents; Pleistocene epoch; age of soil; alluvium; clay; clay fraction; landscapes; particle size; particle size distribution; rivers; seasonal variation; soil water; subsoil; terraces; weathering; Australia
- ... Particle-size distributions of 20 soils in southeastern Australia were studied to determine whether Alfisols had consistent characteristics, and to examine the changes in clay and nonclay fractions with soil age. Particle-size intervals, based on the logarithmic phiscale, were chosen to give adequate details of size distributions. The A horizons of three Alfisols with strong textural contrast from ...