Jump to Main Content
- Ferguson, R. B.; Kissel, D. E.
- Soil Science Society of America journal 1986 v.50 no.2 pp. 485-490
- air; air flow; ammonia; ammonium nitrate; ammonium nitrogen; carbon dioxide; drying; hydrolysis; laboratory experimentation; mass flow; pH; sandy loam soils; soil water; soil water content; urea; urea nitrogen; volatilization
- ... Two laboratory experiments were conducted to evaluate the effects of rapid soil drying on the potential for ammonia (NH₃) volatilization from urea. Urea was applied to the surface of a sandy loam soil in acrylic chambers at a rate equivalent to 200 kg N ha⁻¹. Static traps for NH₃ and carbon dioxide (CO₂) were added to the chambers and left in place for 48 h. Humid or relatively dry air was passed ...
- Buyanovsky, G. A.; Wagner, G. H.; Gantzer, C. J.
- Soil Science Society of America journal 1986 v.50 no.2 pp. 338-344
- Triticum aestivum; air temperature; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide production; crop production; ecosystems; growing season; heterotrophs; models; photosynthesis; planting; seasonal variation; silt loam soils; soil respiration; soil temperature; soil water; soil water content; water content; winter wheat; Missouri
- ... Respiration of a silt loam soil (Udollic Ochraqualfs) was studied under cultivation of winter wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) over a 3-yr period. Evolved CO₂ was measured by the alkali absorption method during 24-h periods at intervals of usually two weeks. Extended estimates of CO₂ evolution were made after extrapolating the measured results, in accord with abiotic influences, to include the longer ...