Jump to Main Content
- Walker, P. H.; Chittleborough, D. J.
- Soil Science Society of America journal 1986 v.50 no.2 pp. 394-400
- A horizons; Alfisols; B horizons; Fluvents; Pleistocene epoch; age of soil; alluvium; clay; clay fraction; landscapes; particle size; particle size distribution; rivers; seasonal variation; soil water; subsoil; terraces; weathering; Australia
- ... Particle-size distributions of 20 soils in southeastern Australia were studied to determine whether Alfisols had consistent characteristics, and to examine the changes in clay and nonclay fractions with soil age. Particle-size intervals, based on the logarithmic phiscale, were chosen to give adequate details of size distributions. The A horizons of three Alfisols with strong textural contrast from ...
- White, R. E.; Dyson, J. S.; Gersti, Z.; Yaron, B.
- Soil Science Society of America journal 1986 v.50 no.2 pp. 277-283
- bromacil; chlorides; clay; clay soils; equations; leaching; napropamide; preferential flow; soil aggregates; soil water; solutes; water flow
- ... The leaching of the herbicides bromacil and napropamide through large undisturbed cores of a structured Evesham clay (Aquic Eutrochrept) was studied under continuous and discontinuous watering regimes and at different initial moisture contents. A greater proportion of both herbicides was leached from initially dry cores (θ = 0.24) than from prewet cores (θ = 0.35). This was consistent with differe ...