Jump to Main Content
- Power, J.F.; Merrill, S.D.; Smith, S.J.
- Soil Science Society of America journal 1985 v.49 no.6 pp. 1461
- land restoration; Agropyron desertorum; soil structure; nitrogen content
- ... Soil thickness can affect nitrogen (N) cycling and use in several ways, particularly if the solum contains materials restrictive to root growth. Microplots of 0.093 m2 were established on a reconstructed mine soil composed of 0.2 m A horizon (Haploborolls) over 0.05, 0.30, 0.55, or 0.80 m of B and C horizon material spread over sodic (SAR 29.5) minespoil, giving soil thicknesses of 0.25, 0.50, 0.7 ...
- Sharpley, A.N.
- Soil Science Society of America journal 1985 v.49 no.6 pp. 1527
- plant nutrition; nutrients; soil erosion; runoff; soil fertility; soil chemistry
- ... The enrichment of several P forms (Bray I, labile, inorganic, and organic), N, C, and K in runoff sediment was investigated for six soils of varying physical and chemical composition, using simulated rainfall (60 and 120 mm h-1). Differing enrichment ratios (ER) for C, N, and organic P (2.00, 1.61, and 1.47 avg for the six soils) indicate that erosion may reduce the C/N/organic P ratio of the rema ...