Jump to Main Content
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Soil Science Society of America journal 2011 v.75 no.6 pp. 2358-2360
- Alfisols; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; heat; least squares; prediction; provenance; reflectance; soil organic carbon
- ... Partial least squares regression (PLSR) analysis was used for the generic prediction of soil organic C (C) content in Alfisols using diffuse reflectance Fourier-transform mid-infrared spectroscopy (DRIFT-MIRS). For prediction improvement, we tested the potential of C removal by heating and spectral subtraction of mineralogic signals in DRIFT-MIRS spectra. Eighty-seven Alfisol samples (C range 1–32 ...
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Soil Science Society of America journal 2010 v.74 no.5 pp. 1792-1799
- soil fertility; prediction; infrared spectroscopy; accuracy; calibration; methodology; data analysis; spectral analysis; soil chemical properties; soil texture; databases; validity; soil pH; soil organic carbon; cation exchange capacity; exchangeable magnesium; clay fraction; sand fraction; exchangeable calcium
- ... Globally applicable calibrations to predict standard soil properties based on infrared spectra may increase the use of this reliable technique. The objective of this study was to evaluate the ability of mid-infrared diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (4000–602 cm) to predict chemical and textural properties for a globally distributed soil spectral library. We scanned 971 soil samples selected from t ...