Jump to Main Content
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Soil Science Society of America journal 2011 v.75 no.6 pp. 2358-2360
- Alfisols; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; heat; least squares; prediction; provenance; reflectance; soil organic carbon
- ... Partial least squares regression (PLSR) analysis was used for the generic prediction of soil organic C (Cₒᵣg) content in Alfisols using diffuse reflectance Fourier-transform mid-infrared spectroscopy (DRIFT-MIRS). For prediction improvement, we tested the potential of Cₒᵣg removal by heating and spectral subtraction of mineralogic signals in DRIFT-MIRS spectra. Eighty-seven Alfisol samples (Cₒᵣg r ...
- Shepherd, Keith D., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Soil Science Society of America journal 2010 v.74 no.5 pp. 1792-1799
- sand fraction; clay fraction; soil organic carbon; cation exchange capacity; calibration; soil pH; exchangeable calcium; validity; data analysis; exchangeable magnesium; soil fertility; spectral analysis; infrared spectroscopy; soil texture; accuracy; databases; prediction
- ... Globally applicable calibrations to predict standard soil properties based on infrared spectra may increase the use of this reliable technique. The objective of this study was to evaluate the ability of mid-infrared diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (4000–602 cm⁻¹) to predict chemical and textural properties for a globally distributed soil spectral library. We scanned 971 soil samples selected from ...