Jump to Main Content
- Puissant, Jérémy; Jassey, Vincent E.J.; Mills, Robert T.E.; Robroek, Bjorn J.M.; Gavazov, Konstantin; De Danieli, Sebastien; Spiegelberger, Thomas; Griffiths, Robert; Buttler, Alexandre; Brun, Jean-Jacques; Cécillon, Lauric
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2018 v.124 pp. 266-274
- climate; community structure; ecosystems; enzyme activity; global warming; grassland soils; grasslands; microbial biomass; microbial communities; mineralization; organic carbon; particulate organic matter; rain; soil enzymes; soil microorganisms; soil organic matter; soil water; structural equation modeling; summer; winter
- ... In mountain ecosystems with marked seasonality, climate change can affect various processes in soils, potentially modifying long-term key soil services via change in soil organic carbon (C) storage. Based on a four-year soil transplantation experiment in Swiss subalpine grasslands, we investigated how imposed climate warming and reduced precipitation modified the drivers of soil carbon enzyme pote ...
- Liu, Weixing; Allison, Steven D.; Li, Ping; Wang, Jing; Chen, Dima; Wang, Zhenhua; Yang, Sen; Diao, Liwei; Wang, Bin; Liu, Lingli
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2018 v.124 pp. 134-141
- bacteria; community structure; ecosystems; forbs; fungi; grasses; microbial activity; microbial biomass; microbial communities; nitrogen; phytomass; snow; snow fences; snowmelt; soil water; steppes; winter; China
- ... Shift in precipitation regime could greatly alter plant and microbial activity, and thus the contemporary and future ecosystem dynamics in grasslands. We investigated how changes in snow depth affect plants, microbes and their relationships after 10 consecutive years of snow treatments in different steppes. We selected 8 snow fences along a mean annual precipitation (MAP) gradient from 225 to 375 ...