Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Chao; Liu, Guobin; Song, Zilin; Wang, Jie; Guo, Liang
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2018 v.124 pp. 47-58
- Acidobacteria; Leotiomycetes; Sordariomycetes; alpha-Proteobacteria; arid lands; belowground biomass; chronosequences; community structure; ecological succession; edaphic factors; environmental degradation; enzyme activity; fungal communities; fungi; grasslands; grazing; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; microbial biomass; nitrate nitrogen; organic carbon; plant communities; plants (botany); soil bacteria; soil nutrients; soil water content; species diversity; China
- ... Microbial succession has been extensively investigated during the restoration of degraded environments, but the interactions of microbes with plants and soils have not been well documented. We examined changes in the plant communities, soil variables, and microbial communities of grasslands after different periods of grazing exclusion (0, 10, 25, and 35 y) on the Loess Plateau in China. The microb ...
- Puissant, Jérémy; Jassey, Vincent E.J.; Mills, Robert T.E.; Robroek, Bjorn J.M.; Gavazov, Konstantin; De Danieli, Sebastien; Spiegelberger, Thomas; Griffiths, Robert; Buttler, Alexandre; Brun, Jean-Jacques; Cécillon, Lauric
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2018 v.124 pp. 266-274
- climate; community structure; ecosystems; enzyme activity; global warming; grassland soils; grasslands; microbial biomass; microbial communities; mineralization; organic carbon; particulate organic matter; rain; soil enzymes; soil microorganisms; soil organic matter; soil water; structural equation modeling; summer; winter
- ... In mountain ecosystems with marked seasonality, climate change can affect various processes in soils, potentially modifying long-term key soil services via change in soil organic carbon (C) storage. Based on a four-year soil transplantation experiment in Swiss subalpine grasslands, we investigated how imposed climate warming and reduced precipitation modified the drivers of soil carbon enzyme pote ...