Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: asadi?
- Nakanishi, Asami, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2018 v.126 pp. 22-30
- ammonium; arginine; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; cropland; forest soils; isotope labeling; metabolism; microbial biomass; microorganisms; mineralization; nitrogen; ornithine; radionuclides; recycling; temperate forests; urea; vacuoles
- ... Soil nitrogen (N) mineralization is generally limited by microbial N assimilation when microorganisms are exposed to substrates with high carbon-to-nitrogen (C/N) ratios. We hypothesized that microbial N release is also limited by repression of arginine-degrading activity in forest soils with the high C/N ratios. We analyzed the microbial assimilation and mineralization rates of 14C-labeled amino ...
- Nakanishi, Asami, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2014 v.74 pp. 82-94
- climate; climate change; dissolved organic carbon; forest ecosystems; forest soils; freeze-thaw cycles; growing season; ions; microbial activity; microbial communities; mineralization; nitrification; nitrogen; nitrogen cycle; nutrient availability; snow; soil fertility; soil microorganisms; soil nutrient dynamics; spring; temperate forests; Japan
- ... In temperate forest ecosystems, accelerated freeze–thaw cycles caused by winter climate change are expected to affect nitrogen (N) cycling in soils. Net N mineralization and nitrification rates were investigated via incubations of sieved soils transplanted from ten temperate forest ecosystems to two northern Japan sites with natural snowfall gradients. This was done to address: 1) how freeze–thaw ...