Jump to Main Content
- Ranjard, L., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2015 v.84 pp. 158-167
- clay fraction; dissolved organic matter; soil organic carbon; texture; nitrogen; organic compounds; pH; solubility; bacterial communities; ecosystems; biogeochemistry; land cover; soil sampling; soil texture; fungi; France
- ... A better understanding of the links between dissolved organic matter and biogeochemical processes in soil could help in evaluating global soil dynamics. To assess the effects of land cover and parental material on soil biogeochemistry, we studied 120 soil samples collected from various ecosystems in Burgundy, France. The potential solubility and aromaticity of dissolved organic matter was characte ...
- Ranjard, L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2007 v.39 no.7 pp. 1631-1644
- community structure; nitrogen; spatial distribution; wheat straw; Secale cereale; rye; soil microorganisms; soil nutrient dynamics; Triticum aestivum; biodegradation; genetic variation
- ... The effects of location (soil surface vs. incorporated in soil) and nature of plant residues on degradation processes and indigenous microbial communities were studied by means of soil microcosms incubation in which the different soil zones influenced by decomposition i.e. residues, soil adjacent to residues (detritusphere) and distant soil unaffected by decomposition (bulk soil) were considered. ...