Jump to Main Content
- Gerzabek, Martin H.; Bajraktarevic, Armin; Keiblinger, Katharina; Mentler, Axel; Rechberger, Maria; Tintner, Johannes; Wriessnig, Karin; Gartner, Michael; Valenzuela, Xavier Salazar; Troya, Alexandra; Couenberg, Paulina M.; Jäger, Heinke; Carrión, Jorge E.; Zehetner, Franz
- Soil research 2019 v.57 no.3 pp. 201-214
- Ferralsols; Leptosols; agricultural products; agrochemicals; ammonium nitrogen; arable soils; case studies; forests; intensive farming; islands; land use; microbial carbon; national parks; nitrate nitrogen; nutrients; pH; pesticide residues; soil organic carbon; soil properties; soil resources; total nitrogen; tourists; Galapagos Islands
- ... The Galápagos Islands have faced a huge rise in the number of inhabitants and tourists over recent decades. As a consequence, natural forest vegetation has been converted to arable land to meet the increasing demand for agricultural produce. However, studies on soils and soil use change in the Galápagos Islands are scarce. In this study, we assessed the impacts of agricultural land-use on the isla ...
- Gomes, J.; Brüggemann, N.; Dick, D. P.; Pedroso, G. M.; Veloso, M.; Bayer, C.
- Soil research 2019 v.57 no.3 pp. 287-293
- Acrisols; ammonium nitrogen; climate-smart agriculture; cover crops; cowpeas; crop residues; fertilizer application; greenhouse gas emissions; mass spectrometry; nitrate nitrogen; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; nitrous oxide; stable isotopes; subtropical soils; urea
- ... In this work, we used the 15N labelling technique to identify the sources of N2O emitted by a subtropical soil following application of mineral nitrogen (N) fertiliser (urea) and residues of a legume cover crop (cowpea). For this purpose, a 45-day incubation experiment was conducted by subjecting undisturbed soil cores from a subtropical Acrisol to five different treatments: (1) control (no crop r ...