Jump to Main Content
- McDonald, Michelle; Brye, Kristofor R.; Miller, David M.; Gbur, Edward E.
- Soil science 2009 v.174 no.12 pp. 661-675
- soil organic matter; arsenic; soil amendments; poultry manure; soil depth; sorption isotherms; application rate; adsorption; Arkansas
- ... The Ozark Highlands, particularly northwest Arkansas, is one of several regions in the United States with concentrated broiler (Gallus gallus domesticus) production. Broiler litter contains N and P; thus, litter is typically land applied to surrounding pastures as a means of recycling the litter as an organic fertilizer. However, broiler litter also contains numerous heavy metals, namely arsenic ( ...
- Udeigwe, Theophilus K.; Wang, Jim J.; Zhang, Hailin
- Soil science 2009 v.174 no.12 pp. 676-686
- poultry manure; soil amendments; industrial wastes; adsorption; remediation; phosphorus; soil organic carbon; heavy metals; copper; zinc; Louisiana