Jump to Main Content
- McDonald, Michelle; Brye, Kristofor R.; Miller, David M.; Gbur, Edward E.
- Soil science 2009 v.174 no.12 pp. 661-675
- soil organic matter; arsenic; soil amendments; poultry manure; soil depth; sorption isotherms; application rate; adsorption; Arkansas
- ... The Ozark Highlands, particularly northwest Arkansas, is one of several regions in the United States with concentrated broiler (Gallus gallus domesticus) production. Broiler litter contains N and P; thus, litter is typically land applied to surrounding pastures as a means of recycling the litter as an organic fertilizer. However, broiler litter also contains numerous heavy metals, namely arsenic ( ...
- Ohno, Tsutomu; He, Zhongqi; Tazisong, Irenus A.; Senwo, Zachary N.
- Soil science 2009 v.174 no.12 pp. 652
- crop production; agricultural soils; silt loam soils; soil organic matter; humic acids; fulvic acids; conventional tillage; no-tillage; fertilizer application; ammonium nitrate; poultry manure; fertilizer rates; application rate; cropping systems; Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; Zea mays; corn; Secale cereale; rye; crop rotation; spectroscopy; humic substances; stubble tillage; Alabama
- ... The characterization of organic matter in agroecosystems is important because of its involvement in many important soil ecosystem processes. Humic acid, fulvic acid, and water-extractable organic matter from a 9-year agroecosystem study investigating the effects of tillage, cropping system, and N source was characterized using multidimensional fluorescence spectroscopy with parallel factor analysi ...