Jump to Main Content
- Hundal, Lakhwinder S.; Thompson, Michael L.
- Soil science 2006 v.171 no.5 pp. 355-363
- Mollisols, etc ; fine-textured soils; sandy soils; soil pollution; phenanthrenes; microaggregates; clay; hydrophobicity; sorption isotherms; soil aggregation; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Nonlinear sorption isotherms have significant environmental implications because concentration-dependent mobility of hydrophobic organic compounds complicates model predictions in soil-water systems. To better understand the factors that affect the nonlinearity of sorption isotherms, we investigated the impact of aggregation of soil materials on isotherm shape for a model hydrophobic organic compo ...
- Seybold, C. A.; Grossman, R. B.
- Soil science 2006 v.171 no.1 pp. 3-12
- Mollisols, etc ; Alfisols; Andisols; Entisols; Inceptisols; Oxisols; Spodosols; Ultisols; calcium chloride; cation exchange capacity; data collection; databases; equations; mineralogy; models; pH; prediction; soil horizons; soil surveys; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... In soil survey, there is a need to estimate effective cation exchange capacity (ECEC) for low pH soil horizons (<5.5) where measured data are not available. The objectives were to determine if ECEC prediction equations could be developed from readily available soil properties and to test different data stratification approaches to improve predictability. Measured data in the National Soil Survey C ...