Jump to Main Content
- Bapela, M.J.; Kaiser, M.; Meyer, J.J.M.
- South African journal of botany 2017 v.108 pp. 342-345
- Syzygium cordatum, etc ; Bridelia; Leishmania donovani; Rubiaceae; Xylopia; antiparasitic properties; bioassays; chemical composition; myoblasts; plant extracts; rats; screening; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... In vitro screening of forty extracts prepared from selected South African plant species was conducted against Leishmania donovani (MHOM-ET-67/L82). Crude plant extracts were also subjected to an antiproliferative bioassay in an attempt to determine their potential lethality or safe therapeutic application against rat skeletal myoblast L6 cells. Of all the tested plant species, only 10% exhibited s ...
- Pillay, K.; Slippers, B.; Wingfield, M.J.; Gryzenhout, M.
- South African journal of botany 2013 v.84 pp. 38-43
- Syzygium cordatum, etc ; DNA; Eucalyptus grandis; Neofusicoccum; fungi; host range; hosts; nucleotide sequences; pathogens; trees; South Africa; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Species in the fungal family Botryosphaeriaceae are latent pathogens on woody trees. These fungi often have a wide host range, which can include native and introduced hosts in an area. Multi-locus DNA sequence identification on a recent collection of Botryosphaeriaceae from Eucalyptus grandis and Syzygium cordatum trees in South Africa revealed cross-infectivity of several species, novel host asso ...