Jump to Main Content
- Flint, H.M.; Merkle, J.R.
- Southwestern entomologist 1984 v.9 no.1 pp. 58
- Pectinophora gossypiella; application rate; gossyplure; insect communication; isomers; mating disruption; sexual behavior; trapping; traps; virgin females
- ... Commercially prepared flake formulations containing either the Z,Z-isomer of gossyplure or gossyplure were tested in 0.04 ha field plots at a rate of 3.7 g AI/ha (ca 5000 flakes/ha) for disruption of sexual communication in the pink bollworm, Pectinophora gossypiella (Saunders). Treatment with the Z,Z-isomer or gossyplure reduced trap catches 89% or 98% compared to the control. Both treatments sup ...
- Bariola, L.A.; Henneberry, T.J.; Walhood, V.T.; Brown, C.
- Southwestern entomologist 1984 v.9 no.1 pp. 62
- Pectinophora gossypiella; application timing; bolls; chemical treatment; chlorflurenol; cotton; crop yield; cultivars; diapause; dicamba; insecticides; irrigation; larvae; overwintering; pesticide application; production technology; row spacing
- ... Early irrigation cut-off of cotton (July 23) in narrow row (51 cm) spacing prevented the development of any diapause pink bollworm, Pectinophora gossypiella (Saunders), larvae. However, yields were reduced when compared to a full-season production system with conventional (102 cm) row spacing. Insecticide applications were essential in conventional row spaced, full-season cotton to prevent loss fr ...