Jump to Main Content
- Cavichioli, Rodney R.; dos Santos, Alana C.; Mejdalani, Gabriel
- Studies on neotropical fauna and environment 2017 v.52 no.1 pp. 11-17
- Cicadellidae; Tettigonia; color; female genitalia; females; forests; males; new species; ovipositor; scientific illustration; taxon descriptions; Brazil
- ... A second species of the poorly known sharpshooter genus Nannogonalia Young, 1977 is described and illustrated from the Atlantic Forest of south Brazil (state of Paraná). Types are deposited in DZUP. Nannogonalia inusitata n. sp. can be distinguished from the type-species (Tettigonia circumcincta Signoret, 1855) mainly by the color pattern and form of the male subgenital plates and female sternite ...
- Esbérard, Carlos E. L.; Godoy, Maíra S. M.; Renovato, Letícia; Carvalho, William Douglas
- Studies on neotropical fauna and environment 2017 v.52 no.1 pp. 75-80
- Neotropics; Phyllostomidae; altitude; forests; mountains; Brazil
- ... We report recapture data for phyllostomid bats in different types of forests, and at different altitudes, obtained through long-term fieldwork in southeastern Brazil. We provide evidence of long-distance movements, with bats moving up to 120 km from mountains to the beach, with an altitudinal variation of 1,237 m. These movements demonstrate the high mobility of these bats and represent the longes ...