Jump to Main Content
- Cavichioli, Rodney R.; dos Santos, Alana C.; Mejdalani, Gabriel
- Studies on neotropical fauna and environment 2017 v.52 no.1 pp. 11-17
- Cicadellidae; Tettigonia; color; female genitalia; females; forests; males; new species; ovipositor; scientific illustration; taxon descriptions; Brazil
- ... A second species of the poorly known sharpshooter genus Nannogonalia Young, 1977 is described and illustrated from the Atlantic Forest of south Brazil (state of Paraná). Types are deposited in DZUP. Nannogonalia inusitata n. sp. can be distinguished from the type-species (Tettigonia circumcincta Signoret, 1855) mainly by the color pattern and form of the male subgenital plates and female sternite ...
- Brentassi, María E.; Maciá, Arnaldo; de la Fuente, Daniela; Cano, María E.; Marino de Remes Lenicov, Ana M.
- Studies on neotropical fauna and environment 2017 v.52 no.1 pp. 25-36
- Delphacodes; Neotropics; adulthood; corn; females; instars; leaves; males; morphs; nutritive value; nymphs; oats; pests; survival rate; symbionts; Argentina
- ... Delphacodes kuscheli , the main vector of maize Mal de Río Cuarto disease in Argentina, was used to analyze the effect of food quality on wing-form, demographic traits and number of yeast-like symbionts (YLS). First instar nymphs were caged on the leaf apex or on the ligular zone of oat plants, characterized by having low and high nutritional value respectively, and followed in their development t ...