Jump to Main Content
- Gómez-Martín, M; Arboleya, S; Gueimonde, M; González, S
- Subtropical plant science 2019 v.79 pp. 55-62
- Internet; breast milk; carbohydrates; complementary foods; desserts; grains; infant formulas; infants; nutrient content; nutrient databanks; ready-to-eat foods; snacks; Spain
- ... In the last decade, there has been an increasing demand for ready-to-eat infant meals in Spain. However, the used food composition databases do not include processed products intended for infants under 12 months of age. Thus, we aimed at the creation of a food composition table including these products. Nutritional composition data were collected from the label of 568 products including infant for ...
- Lopez, Romina; Escudero, Luis; D’Amato, Roberto; Businelli, Daniela; Trabalza-Marinucci, Massimo; Cerutti, Soledad; Pacheco, Pablo
- Subtropical plant science 2019 v.79 pp. 128-133
- acid hydrolysis; breast milk; detection limit; dried milk; ewe milk; experimental design; freeze drying; infant formulas; microwave treatment; milk; oxidation; proteins; reducing agents; selenium; selenocysteine; selenomethionine
- ... Selenium (Se) is an essential element present in milk as seleno-amino acids and seleno-proteins. To perform an accurate seleno-amino acid analysis, a complete hydrolysis of proteins is necessary. Microwave-assisted acid hydrolysis (MAAH) can be used; however, some variables must be optimised to avoid incomplete hydrolysis and oxidation. Multivariate calibration showed that the volume of the reduci ...