Jump to Main Content
- Sergio Dahdouh; Fernanda Grande; Sarah Nájera Espinosa; Anna Vincent; Rosalind Gibson; Karl Bailey; Janet King; Doris Rittenschober; U. Ruth Charrondière
- Subtropical plant science 2019 v.78 pp. 42-48
- Food and Agriculture Organization; Internet; analytical methods; anion exchange; bioavailability; biodiversity; calcium; diet; grains; human nutrition; iron; legumes; nutrient databanks; nutrient deficiencies; nutrient requirements; phytic acid; processed foods; vegetables; zinc
- ... Phytate is widely distributed in the plant kingdom, and its significance for human nutrition has been often described. Data on phytate is available in very few composition tables, for a limited number of foods and mainly for raw products. With the aim of publishing the first global repository of analytical data on phytate, data on moisture, phytate, zinc, iron and calcium were compiled. Other aspe ...
- PubMed Central:
- M Gómez-Martín; S Arboleya; M Gueimonde; S González
- Subtropical plant science 2019 v.79 pp. 55-62
- Internet; breast milk; carbohydrates; complementary foods; desserts; grains; infant formulas; infants; nutrient content; nutrient databanks; ready-to-eat foods; snacks; Spain
- ... In the last decade, there has been an increasing demand for ready-to-eat infant meals in Spain. However, the used food composition databases do not include processed products intended for infants under 12 months of age. Thus, we aimed at the creation of a food composition table including these products. Nutritional composition data were collected from the label of 568 products including infant for ...