Jump to Main Content
- Baek, Seung Hyo; Lee, Byung Hee
- Sustainability 2019 v.11 no.5
- engineers, etc ; buildings; case studies; decision making; energy; renewable energy sources; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Renewable energy systems (RES) in buildings should be designed carefully, not only because of the need for an optimal design, but also to comply with related laws. Therefore, the design of RES in the buildings requires close collaboration between architects and engineers from the beginning of the design process. To support such collaboration, this study proposes a simplified design method for RES ...
- Blair, Niebert; Pons, Dirk; Krumdieck, Susan
- Sustainability 2019 v.11 no.9
- engineers, etc ; community service; computer simulation; decision making; electricity; energy; problem solving; rural communities; rural electrification; social environment; systems engineering; Guyana; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... PROBLEM—Provision of electric services in remote communities operating a subsistence economy has been challenging both for policy-makers and engineers. The value of electricity services and the choice structures in remote economies are not well understood. NEED—There are several technical, economic, and environmental challenges to the top-down approach of electrification. There is a ne ...