Jump to Main Content
- Robina Ramírez, Rafael; Pulido Fernández, Manuel
- Sustainability 2018 v.10 no.9
- human development, etc ; attitudes and opinions; consciousness; environmental degradation; models; questionnaires; structural equation modeling; sustainable development; tourism; tourists; Spain; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Pilgrimage is one of the most ancient forms of tourism. Nowadays, it is becoming a mass phenomenon that can lead to serious problems of environmental degradation in valuable sites. In this work, we have analysed by means of a structural equation model how religious consciousness is inspired in the religiosity/spirituality of each pilgrim. It could predict its effects on tourists regarding an impro ...
- Busilacchi, Sara; Butler, James R. A.; Van Putten, Ingrid; Maru, Yiheyis; Posu, Joseph
- Sustainability 2018 v.10 no.11
- human development, etc ; Australians; asymmetry; census data; educational status; empirical research; environmental impact; global change; households; poverty; surveys; sustainable development; tuberculosis; villages; Australia; Papua New Guinea; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... While there is much theoretical study of the evolution of border disparities, there is little empirical analysis of development asymmetries across border regions, and their causes or solutions. Often disparities among countries hinder the ability of transboundary agreements and other development initiatives to generate sustainable development. This study quantifies development progress amongst com ...