Jump to Main Content
- Wolfram, Marc; Frantzeskaki, Niki
- Sustainability 2016 v.8 no.2
- human development, etc ; cities; ecosystems; geography; governance; literature; politics; urban population; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Cities are key for sustainability and the radical systemic changes required to enable equitable human development within planetary boundaries. Their particular role in this regard has become the subject of an emerging and highly interdisciplinary scientific debate. Drawing on a qualitative literature review, this paper identifies and scrutinizes the principal fields involved, asking for their resp ...
- Fernández, Ignacio C.; Manuel-Navarrete, David; Torres-Salinas, Robinson
- Sustainability 2016 v.8 no.8
- human development, etc ; cities; collective action; education; income; landscapes; models; politics; poverty; socioeconomics; sustainable development; Chile; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Resilience can have desirable and undesirable consequences. Thus, resilience should not be viewed as a normative desirable goal, but as a descriptor of complex systems dynamics. From this perspective, we apply resilience thinking concepts to assess the dynamics of inequality, spatial segregation, and sustainability in Chile’s capital city of Santiago. Chile’s economy boosted since democracy was re ...